Three Rivers District Council to declare climate emergency https://t.co/ofosf8Hu0Q
— passenger60 (@pottersbar60) May 18, 2019
Councillors Sara Bedford, Stephen Giles-Medhurst, Chris Lloyd, Alex Michaels, Sarah Nelmes, Andrew Scarth and Dom Sokalski to move under notice duly given as follows:
- The overwhelming weight of scientific evidence pointing to man-made climate change.
- The harmful effect that such climate change is having on our lives, natural habitats and eco-systems.
- The proud record of Three Rivers District Council on environmental issues.
Council therefore agrees to:
- Declare a Climate Emergency.
- Produce a strategy and action plan to make Three Rivers carbon neutral by 2030.
- Use all practical means to reduce the impact of Council services on the environment.
- Use all planning regulations and the Local Plan to cut carbon emissions and reduce the impact on the environment.
- Work with partners in the public and private sector and implement best practice.
- Engage with local residents and businesses to gain their support.
- Request Central Government to provide the support and resources needed to progress the action plan.
Council therefore requests that details of the strategy and action plan be brought to Policy & Resources committee by the end of 2019.