Somerset West & Taunton Council are working with partners across the county to develop a Somerset Climate Emergency Strategy. Alongside this Strategy they are developing their own local action plan for Somerset West and Taunton as a Council and an area as a whole. Their local action plan will supplement the county-wide strategy with more specific and local priorities and actions. Both documents are being developed along the same timescales.
Timetable for the District and County Plans
- Nov 2019 – Strategic Framework documents setting out early ideas
- Jan-Feb 2020 – Phase 1 consultation with the public on the early ideas
- Apr 2020 – Draft Plans finalised
- Apr-May 2020 – Phase 2 consultation with the public on the draft plan
- Aug 2020 – Final plans finalised
You can view the ideas for Somerset West and Taunton in either a summary version or the full document:
You can view the ideas for the Somerset climate emergency strategy by visiting the Somerset County Council website.