We published our climate change report. Commissioned by the council and conducted by the Antithesis Group, the report:
- highlighted the emissions profiles of Luton and the council
- discussed the degree to which the town’s emissions can be influenced with regional or national bodies
- provided an evidence base for future action plans relating to climate change
A copy of this report can be found here: Luton climate action plan support.
A draft climate change action plan for the council was also published. The document outlined initial areas where we’ll focussing such as:
- exploring cutting carbon emissions from our operations
- increasing carbon sequestration efforts
We declared a climate emergency and agreed our next steps to ensure Luton is carbon neutral by 2040.