We are looking for a couple of Board of Directors to help guide Climate Emergency UK over the course of the next 2 years.
Climate Emergency UK is at a critical juncture as an organisation. Since starting just over 3 years ago we have achieved a lot:
- Creating the list of Councils that declared climate emergencies
- Co-Creating the Climate Action Plan Explorer – the only database of UK Council’s climate emergency action plans
- Launching the Council Climate Plan Scorecards – the first holistic assessment of UK council’s climate action plans
- In the process of creating the Council Climate Action Scorecards – to rate and assess the actual action Councils have taken to reduce emissions
But we are still a relatively new organisation and need support from our Board in getting ourselves on our feet, organisationally. It is a really exciting time for Climate Emergency UK and those that join the Board of Directors now will help shape the organisation, our strategy for the next 3-5 years, as well as making sure we are sustainable as an organisation.
We are particularly looking for Directors with either/or any of the following experience:
- HR experience within a new and small organisation, in particular in relation to creating HR policies and practices
- Landing national media coverage for projects and campaigns and previous work with national and regional news outlets
- Financial management of a small organisation, preferably a CIC, including book-keeping.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates or other marginalised groups.